MC Anniversary Countdown: Jasmine Dotiwala's Favorite Songs
Jasmine Dotiwala works for MTV UK and is a writer for the UKâ€™s Voice Online. Jasmine is a close friend of Mariahâ€™s picked her eleven favorite Mariah songs:
11. Clown - Showed you donâ€™t have to be a rapper to write a slick, cutting diss song-classic humiliation for the subject matter!
10. Circles - Beautifully structured song with anthem like melodies that my girls and I relate and sing loudly to when at karaoke.
9. I Still Believe - A personal favourite that once upon a time got me through some personal heartbreak.
8. My All/Stay Awhile (So So Def Mix) feat Lord Tariq, & Peter Gunz â€“ Classic before its time rap-song collaboration which is still a New York club staple.
7. Shake It Off remix feat Jay-Z Young Jeezy - MC and Jay just have this swagger on wax thatâ€™s untouchable. Love the â€˜â€™rah rahâ€™â€™ part!
6. Bye Bye remix feat Jay Z - A song that can have you in tears in seconds but isnâ€™t corny just a new generation anthem for painful times.
5. Fly Like A Bird - Inspirational and strengthening when you need balance in your life.
4. All I Want for Christmas Is You (So So Def Remix) featuring Lil' Bow Wow and Jermaine Dupri â€“ This track reminds me of every Christmas in Aspen with MC and family, visuals of breath taking scenery, love, festiveness ,rolling in the snow and a group of us all laughing, snapping jokes and relaxing.
3. Fantasy (Bad Boy Remix) featuring Ol' Dirty Bastard â€“ This record was played all through my youth in clubs and parties and as soon as it began people ran to the dance floor to jump around and bust some moves to this beat.
2. Honey (Bad Boy Remix) featuring feat Puffy ,The Lox and Mase - When she dived out the window into the pool then got air lifted into that chopper and was flossing with Puff and Mase it was wrap-every girl worth their swagger wanted to be her.
1. Thank God I Found You (Make It Last Remix) featuring Joe, & Nas â€“ Dooooope track! Reminds me of dark, sweaty, ghetto clubs where we just dance sexy and hang out with real peeps. Will be played at my wedding for sure!