Thank you all for participating in our special contest, celebrating the anniversary of Mariah's debut album release on June 12, 1990.
Below are the announced winners for the contest and the answers to all five contest parts, including videos revealing some of the more difficult answers!CONTEST ANSWERSPart 1
1. "Love Takes Time"
was the last addition to the debut album. The printing had already started when the song was added, and some early editions of the album don't include the song's title in the back cover.
2. This beautiful performance of "Hero" was done in 1997 on the Oprah Winfrey show
. Mariah was there to promote her album Butterfly
and sang "Hero" and "Butterfly".
3. The picture was taken in 1990 at the Tattoo Club where Mariah performed several songs from her debut album and a cover of Aretha Franklin's "Don't Play That Song For Me"
. This performance is available on Mariah's "The First Vision" Home Video.Part 2
1. Mariah's first ever television appearance was in June 1, 1990 on the Arsenio Hall Show
where she performed "Vision of Love"
. Mariah came back to the show to perform the #1 hit single in September 1990.
2. This incredible performance of "Vision of Love" was performed at the 33rd Annual Grammy Awards in 1991. Mariah picked up two awards: Best New Artist
and Best Pop Vocal Performance - Female
(for "Vision of Love").
3. This picture was taken on the red carpet at Mariah's #1's
CD Signing that took place at Virgin Megastore in NYC
1. In a 1995 interview with MTV's Tabitha Soren, Mariah joked about her nephew claiming she looked like George Washington
on the cover of her debut album.*** Watch the answer clip here!
2. Mariah's huge hit with Busta Rhymes "I Know What You Want" did not make it in time to be on the Charmbracelet
album. The song was later included in Mariah's international re-packaging of Charmbracelet (Tour Edition)
and The Remixes
compilation CD. Note: both answers were accepted.
3. Mariah picked up five Billboard Awards in 2005 for her multi-platinum album The Emancipation of Mimi
1. Alone In Love!
Since only one person got this right, we decided to give her a prize! Another prize will be given to one of the fans who answered the other two questions correctly.
2. During this promotion for the #1's album, Mariah got a phone call from her longtime friend and "I'll Be There"-duet partner Trey Lorenz
.*** Watch the answer clip here!
3. This picture was taken at the MTV Studios in New York when Mariah arrived to debut her "Touch My Body"
video with co-star Jack McBrayer
on TRL.Part 5
1. Mariah gave a powerful performance of "Vanishing"
on the first time she appeared on Saturday Night Live (1990).
2. AJ Calloway from Extra wishfully thought Mariah's "Touch My Body"
was an invitation.
3. Mariah emulated the glamorous Marilyn Monroe in "I Still Believe"
(1998) and in "Don't Forget About Us"
Congratulations to all seven winners of the MariahCarey.com Debut Album Anniversary Contest! Please e-mail email@example.com
with your complete mailing address to receive your prize.
A winner was picked for every part of the contest, an additional winner was picked for giving the sole correct answer to Part 4's first question. A final winner was picked out of all those who answered the most questions correctly (14).Part 1 Winner:
Artie O'DalyPart 2 Winner:
Kevin KellerPart 3 Winner:
Jessica LyonPart 4 Winner:
Johan HagnellPart 5 Winner:
James Muir"Alone In Love" Winner:
Gemma FortunySpecial Winner: